Re: Erdem Helvacioglu

On 15 nov 2007, at 11.01, L.A. Angulo wrote:

> I was checking out Erdem Helvacioglu,very interesting
> soundscapes anybody knows how he is proccesing his
> guitar,is he using a midi guitar config or plugins
> only?

I talked a lot with him in California. He uses an Ovation acoustic
guitar with mic output and plays through a TC Electronic Firworx.
Normally he brings that into Audio Much on a laptop (which probably
is what you hear on his CD) but at the festival gigs his laptop broke
and he played with only the Fireworx and borrowed looping pedals. I
am also a dedicated Fireworx lover and I can say that his CD gives a
good demonstration of the Fireworx. Myself I have had best
experiences with the Fireworx used for flute, even though I have also
used it for guitar. Erdem has some three to four floor boxes between
the guitar and the Fireworx, but I never checked out exactly which
boxes that was. When using the Fireworx with guitar it is very
important to set a good input level and signal impedance. With my
single coil strat I would need a little booster before the Fireworx.

I don't know if Erdem brings the Fireworx digitally into the laptop,
but I would guess so because in my tests that has proven to give a
lot better sound and less latency (i.e. using TC Electronic's A/D
converters instead of the computer's/audio interface's).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)