Re: RC-50 and Speed Control

Very nice, Rainer. It does look like it is possible.

> The downside? You have to do that yourself. But once you get it running
> (and this will really be exactly what you want it to be!), it's really
> just a case of unpacking, connecting your guitar and the mains (and
>maybe
> the twelve expression pedals) and starting to play - it has booted up
> before you even strap on your guitar.

Dowside 2/3: I get quarantied by airport security for carrying a suspicoud
bomb-like contraption, and my wife divorces me because of all the time
required in my basement to build and maintain this thing.  :)

Speaking of small computers that run XP, check these out:

http://www.flipstartpc.com/#home  (it runs XP or Vista. No firewire or
cardbus,  unfortunately).

http://www.oqo.com/  (again, only USB)

http://www.tiqit.com/ (has PCMCIA !!!)

What would be cool is a tiny computer like this runnning XP/Visa, and your
favorite looping software, and then have your MIDI controller talk to it
via
Bluetooth. I am guessing that pro quality audio interfaces will get
smaller
over time too.  A Fireface 400 in the size of a pack of cigarettes would
be
ideal.  And then a soft/fold up MIDI foot controller, something like this
http://www.binarydesigns.com.au/bdstore/SOFTKEYS.html but with buttons not
piano keys.

The whole system could be put in a Scooby Do lunchbox.

Kris