Re: very special floor-based looper

kkissinger@kevinkissinger.com wrote:
> Quoting Krispen Hartung <khartung@cableone.net>:
>
>> I'm just confused as the pragmatic difference between lugging a desktop
>> computer box around, with a touch screen connected to it, maybe an
>> external audio interface, and a MIDI controller....and simply bringing
>> a laptop and an interface and MIDI controller. Not much difference to
>> me...both revolve around the PC, which is what has been sucking the
>> artistic energy out of me
>>
>> Remember the sci-fi movie, Lifeforce?   Remember that beautiful
>> brunet/alien who was walking around, baring her breasts, seducing men,
>> and sucking the life out of them? Yeah, that's the laptop/max/reaktor
>> for me. It's just so damn seductive I can't say no, but it drains me. :)
>>
>> Kris
>

> Kris,
>
> The entire notion of a triumphant machine flexing its electronic
> muscles while a lifeless musician lies at its feet is an idea that
> deserves a musical interpretation.  Perhaps this would make a great
> theme for a new looped musical creation...  :)

Fun you mention this..  what I especially like about my TSR24S and
Vortex is the envelope followers, allowing me to dynamically vary tone
and expression with playing style. While I like having both PC and CC
buttons laid out for selection, this lets me focus on actually playing.
The last thing I want is a mashine taking over my playing..

--
rgds,
van Sinn