two amp setups

Hey guys and gals, I'm new to the forum here, so be gentle.

I play through a two amp setup (a carvin stack for distortion, and a Roland JC-120 for cleans). I also run a rather involved pedal setup before both amps, and I split them with a Boss A/B switcher.

Is it possible to set up a looper such that I could have a looped signal run to the JC-120, and play over it with through the Carvin, as well as have just a looped signal going through either amp? Or would I have to buy two separate loopers?

If it's possible to do this, what type of looper would you recommend for this process?