RC20XL an anti dron-zone!e

Hi,

I know the EDPers' thoughts about the RC20 on the list and do take them, however as a less than full-time looper (I play mainly non-looped stuff live), I like enough about it to have one. I've had my DL4 for years and one thing that I get so irritated about the RC20 is the fact that it is fine at loops that are contained within the boundaries of the loop, however if I want to hold a drone or other notes over the loop point, it doesn't work. You get this horrible glitch (or more a couple of glitches), I play flute, sax & wind synth and I love setting up a low note on the flute with a harmoniser producing an octave below, getting it nice and thick and then playing over. the DL4 is almost glitch-free for this, but the RC20 just can't seem to cope with a note that goes over the loop point. The best way to do this, I find is to have a delay programme (in my Zoom A2.1U or t.c. Nova Delay) with 100% feedback, lots of delay mix and no filtering, the drone will then run beautifully. Anyone else have such irritations with the RC20(XL)?

Ian