Re: Shepard tone

Per, thanks for this, I missed this on the Wiki page. I'm working it out
on guitar, but am not convinced it really creates the same illusion,
possibly because there are only so many octaves to work with. In the
example below, do you have any idea if the instruments are spread so far
apart that no instrument ever crosses into the other's octave? I'm going
to try to record my version this weekend.

and Qua, thanks for the Exploratium link. I visited the museum a number
of years ago and vaguely remember the round keyboards...super cool.

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com