From: Daryl Shawn highhorse@mhorse.com
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 14:36:10 -0600
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Shepard tone

Perhaps most people are familiar with this, but this blows my mind...a
"Shepard tone", created of a particular combination of sine waves, which
makes it seem as if the tone is continuously descending without ever
reaching bottom. A loop that simply repeats, while only APPEARING to
evolve...awesome.

here's a direct link to a nicely done clip on Wikipedia:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/61/DescenteInfinie.ogg

Also thanks to all who responded to the square wave modulation question,
very interesting stuff. Makes me wanna get one of them old Lexicons.

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com