RE: FlyLoops and electronic instruments

Yeah ... www.flyloops.com ... there are several demo (videos) on this page
that do a pretty good job explaining the features.  The videos are pretty
old though, so some things have changed.  You could also listen to the
recording I posted yesterday (www.aaronleese.com/sickness%20spreading.mp3 )
... which demonstrates the some of the key features.  I was hoping for some
feedback on that one ... but it's apparently too bad for anyone to even
comment ... geesh.

The two main selling points for flyloops are:

1 - Loops of different length, synced (or not), independently controllable.
So you can record a dozen different layers and then turn them on/off at
will
or change the volume or effects on individual layers.

2 - Group Looping: If you have an audio device with multiple inputs, they
are kept separate by flyloops, so you can choose to record one but ignore
another (when a certain button is pushed, say).  This allows for group
looping (multiple people all playing and looping together with the same
syncing scheme, but each controlling when his/her instrument is recorded).

It's gonna be a while before I have a VST version programmed ... if I write
a VST slave version of flyloops ... then yes, it will plug in to Cubase.
Since Cubase is Rewire compatible, you can also use ReWire to specify that
the audio outputs of Cubase should be routed to flyloops (or vice versa).

Flyloops does run at 48kHz, yes.  You can spcify 44.1 or 48 ... and 16,24
or
32 bit.

There is no demo, the commercial version should be out this spring ...
pricing is still up in the air.  Probably $400-$500 for a foot pedal device
and the software .... $300 for the software alone (with a hardware dongle).