Re: square waves

On the old David Torn instructional video, he mentions the oscillator in
the machine and demonstrates its effect with some harmonized delays.
Forgive my ignorance, but is an LFO present as a controller for any sort
of time-based modulation, i.e., the rate control on a simple chorus
pedal? Does every harmonizer have an LFO? And do looping machines such
as the Repeater which offer some pitch control also have an LFO?  Or is
the PCM-42 unique in having this effect available in its delays/loops...?

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com