AW: AW: y2k7 mp3s

> wasn't there a King Crimson studio album recorded by setting
> up a pa and micing in stereo?

I don't know about that, but there is a King Crimson live album "B'Boom"
which is the official version of a bootleg recorded from the FOH board. The
talkmaster Fripp goes on to explain why this isn't the best possible result
for live recording.

> The ideal would be a 4-track recording with stereo foh and
> ambience mics.

Now, to minimize effor for Krispen here: why don't those people who really
need the aforementioned 4-track setup do a recording of the signal they
send
to FOH? Especially for laptop users, this is accomplished extremely easy
(and even comes without yet another pair of steps through converters). Last
year, I did record (most of) my performances inside of the laptop, so I
actually would have preferred Krispen's microphone setup over the FOH
recording he did last year.

        Rainer