re: How to simulate a piano sustain pedal with a midi controller likeFCB1010 or FC-300

Not familiar with the FC-300, but I believe there are others on the list
that are - check the LD archives.

There are two Yahoo! groups that host discussions about the FCB1010:
'fcb1010' and 'fcb1010_uno'.  The UnO firmware upgrade is probably the
one you referred to - it stands for 'UnOfficial' - so Behringer
presumably won't support it.
> Pedal 1 => midi controle message 64 with value between 64-127 => ON
> Pedal 2 => midi controle message 64 with value between 0-63 => OFF
The FAQ page for  the fcb1010_uno group specifically refers to a feature
'CC momentary toggling'.  It sounds like this may be what you're looking
for.

I know that the stock chip enables toggling CC64 on/off using the same
pedal but two key presses.  I have also used the rocker pedals to do
this.  Clumsy, but it works.

HTH,
Dan Ash
White Plains, NY