From: Per Boysen [mailto:perboysen@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, 25 October 2007 4:48 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Help: New to software looping

On 10/23/07, Sowonja, Tomson <tomson.sowonja@cba.com.au> wrote:

I have ordered from eBay a MIDI Foot controller (the FCB 1010 - which seems to be the most common in use as well as affordable) - however I've never programmed MIDI before being a bit of a luddite - I'm definitely a stomp box kinda guitar player.

Is anyone able to help me with my first forays into MIDI programming by either offering tips/hints or pointing me to a good reference source on the web?

How do people who use Mobius with the FCB 1010 usually set up their banks and commands on the foot controller?

Hi Tom,

Start out with reprogramming the FCB1010 pedal to send out only one MIDI event (preferably a MIDI Note) on each pedal press. A good rule is to start with bank 0 and use the MIDI Note numbers 1 - 10, then for bank 2 you you go MIDI Note numbers 11 - 20 etc etc.

For the looper, whatever looper device/application you go with, do not start in the technical end! It's a lot easier to start with the musical context. Simply make a list of a few looping actions you want to work with for starters. My suggestion is to use Record, Overdub, Undo, Multiply, Next Loop and Previous Loop. When you get the music flowing with these tools you can expand the palette with stuff like Reverse, Speed, HalfSpeed, Rate Shift (talking Mobius here), Mute, Mute All Tracks etc etc.

Most software applications (and Looperlative) has a quick "MIDI Learn" function that helps you to map the MIDI Events sent out by the pedal to the appropriate looper actions. Chose a function, activate MIDI Learning and press the pedal.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)

This e-mail message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information which may be
confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender by return email, do not use or
disclose the contents, and delete the message and any attachments from your system. Unless
specifically indicated, this email does not constitute formal advice or commitment by the sender
or the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ABN 48 123 123 124) or its subsidiaries.
We can be contacted through our web site: commbank.com.au.
If you no longer wish to receive commercial electronic messages from us, please reply to this
e-mail by typing Unsubscribe in the subject line.