y2k7 festival thanks

Hi everyone,

>From the bottom of my heart I want to thank everyone for making
the Y2K7 Loopfest the best festival I've ever experienced.

It was truly wonderful this year and I feel so deeply grateful to the
following people
for making it be so:

Gretchen McPherson and Chris Cohn
               for helping me to write and secure the grant from the Arts
Council of Santa Cruz
               and for doing the door for all 30 hours of the festival

Megabyte Mike
                  for doing the sound under frequently tough circumstances
and for
                  constantly striving for a better and more professional
sound

Rodent
               for being one of the most professional stage managers I've
ever worked with
              (and I've worked with dozens in my career).  I hardly
noticed
you at times
               which is the hugest of all compliments.

Bill Walker
                     for lending his soundsytem,  setting it up,  putting
out at least a half a dozen
                     fires even after you had committed to just be a
performer this year.
                     I couldn't have done it without you.  For putting up
artists and giving up your studio for
                     a week.

Mark Hamburg
             for expertly photo-documenting the whole
festival..........you
created several
             shots that artists should use for their main website photos.
It was stunning that
             you delivered DVDs of artists photos AS THEY WALKED OFF STAGE.

Krispen Hartung
            for recording the festival even after deciding not to do it
officially this year.
            I can't wait to hear what you came up with.

Ted Killian for making yet another beautiful and professional poster (with
10,000 revisions)

Bob Beede  for making donating the huge festival posters.

Chris Wedertz and Nancy LeVan,
           Bill's and my beautiful  talented wives who worked so
           hard to host our artists,  make food,  ferry them around,
taking
them to and from
           the airports,  loading gear,  cleaning up the venue when we
were
exhausted and
           generally keeping the vibe wonderful and upbeat during the
whole
week,  and
           especially for keeping me sane and putting up with my neurotic,
manic stressed out behaviour
           for weeks' before the festival.

Mayor Emily Reilly,
            who was so gracious in presenting the keys to the city and
           who completely floored me when she presented me with a key to
the
city.
           Santa Cruz is so lucky to have the best mayor in it's history
as
long as I've
            lived in the town (36 years).

Michael Horne
           For renting us the venue but going way out of his way to
accomodate us...provide
           us with facilities that would normally cost far more that we
could afford.  For being so upbeat.

Aaron Leese
             for his technology premiere of the new software looping app,
FlyLoop.

Brian Eder and Cherri Lakey
                 for hosting us at the Anno Domini Gallery..........you
guys
are a godsend for the arts in the
               South Bay.

Mickey T and the artists of the Drum Machine Museum
                  for hosting us in Oakland

To all the Artists who performed..............
          .for your beautiful and creative presentations;  for your
          extremely strong communal attitudes and generous spirit;   for
all
the little errands and favors
          that you all did to make my job so much easier;  for all the
artistic inspiration that has me
           so turned on , creatively and desiring to learn even more about
live looping.

To Fabio Anile (Italy),  Leander Reininghaus (Germany),  Erdem Helvacioglu
(Turkey), Arild Anderesen (Norway),  Henry Kaiser (USA),
  Randolf Arriola (Singapore), Per Boysen (Sweden), Krispen Hartung (USA),
Chinapainting (Daryl Shawn-Mexico/USA and Jim Goodin-USA) and Michael
Klobuchar the strongest lineup of headliners, featured performers and
special guests that we've ever had.

To Matthias Grob (Brazil/Switzerland),  the inventor of the Echoplex
       for his constant positive and creative energy..............for
helping to birth this scene;
      for being a great and deep friend and a constant source of
inspiration
to both me and the whole International Live Looping Scene.
      What a blessing to have you come at the last minute.   The whole
vibe
of the festival lifted because you came,  Matthi!

Lastly to all of our financial sponsors:

Nabil Gachem and the  Cultural Council of Santa Cruz County for
underwriting
a portion of the festival with your generous grant.

Bob Amstadt,  inventor of the Looperlative for his generous underwriting
of
Erdem Helvacioglu's visit

Bill Putnam,  president of Universal Audio for his generous underwriting
of
Fabio Anile's visit

A generous annonymous donor for helping out the entire festival and
underwriting Arild Andersen and Leander Reininghaus' visits

Klo-boy for his generous underwriting of Per Boysen's visit.

Arts Council of Singapore for their generous underwriting of Randolf
Arriola's visit

And to everyone who so generously and graciously added to the energy of
this
wonderful festival.

THANK YOU EVERYONE from the bottom of my heart!!!!!!!!!

I deeply love the international live looping community and feel so
thankful
that everyone tithed so much of their time, money and energy
to make this wonderful festival a reality!!!!!     It's a tremendous
amount
of energy and time to organize this festival.  Every year I tell my
wife that this is the last year;   that I can't take the
stress...............but at the end of it,  I feel so greatful to have
been
allowed to
do it and feel such an uplift, creatively as an
artist.....................and to feel such an uplift by the true
outpouring
of love and support I
experience from everyone.   We are all blessed to know each other.

love,  Rick Walker

ps   I always have a fair amount of anxiety about forgetting someone's
contribution in the haze of exhaustion that always descends when the
festival is over each year.   If anyone thinks that I missed ackowledging
somebody,  please let me know off list and I'll correct that oversight
immediately with deep apologies.

I assure you that if I missed anyone it is due only to sheer exhaustion
and
not to feeling ungrateful for someone's contribution.