Re: Startup Apps for Laptop Loopers - streamline performance, etc

This isn't quite the same, but I've used a program called pclite,
which, once isntalled allows you to remove a lot of background
programs that you may not have any need for. It does work really well,
you can pretty much strip right down to the operating system. I've
used it for my music computer and have never had a crash with it.
(course now that I've said that I'll probably have all kinds of
problems.......)

http://www.litepc.com/

Paul Haslem