Re: Startup Apps for Laptop Loopers - streamline performance, etc

Krispen Hartung wrote:
> This topic has been discussed before, but I wanted to share my latest
> findings. As you XP computer users know, when Windows starts it loads a
> lot of processes,

> Some
> of us, including myself in the past, have used msconfig (you just run
> this from Start and Run). You can deselect any of these and prevent them
> from running at startup. However, I recently read in some tech forums
> that msconfig is recommended primarily for testing, troubleshooting,
> etc...not as a permanent solution to altering your startup process. The
> claim is that this is not an efficient way to end the processes and does
> so incompletely.

Actually, it prevents the processes from ever being started.
Perhaps what they meant was that it didn't catch every single process
that could start (which I think may be the case).

Surely you can do an MSCONFIG setup, and then either use it or not.
At least that gives you 2 different startup configs.
( with a choice on startup )

andy butler