Re: [OT] FRUSTRATED

Hi Rick,

It's not as bad as you think :-)

The original idea was to use [OT] which would easily be picked
up by email filters, but I bet no-one bothers to do that filtering anyway.

In any case, on the non-digest list your heading wasn't edited at all.

There's absolutely no chance that your heading would be edited by hand,
the digest is made by fully automatic software installed by Kim
as a kindness toward those of us who didn't have access to email filtering.

Rick Walker wrote:
> I sent in an off topic post that I really wanted people alerted to
> so they wouldn't be bugged by it and could remove it.
>
> Here's what I sent in my header:
>
> "WAY OFF TOPIC:   music trip advice sought"
>
> When I got the daily digest here is what it had as a header in the
>digest:
>
> "music trip advice sought"
>

> Frankly,   I was really sorry to see the off topic postings put at
> another place.
> I think it dilutes the community............I think it takes a lot more
> time to read through
> the split communities mail now and if you want a response from the
> community on an
> off topic subject you can't get it by going to the new site.

Quite often I don't reply to an off-topic post, even though it's
interesting to me.
Do people really want to hear about endless tales of Scoot's shoes?
...or endless philosophical debates with zero chance of resolution?
...string gauges?
That's why I thought the LDOT list would be fun.

> Is anyone else with me on this one.
> I want to go back to teh way it was and then encourage to be responsible
> about
> off topic posting labellings.

Well don't worry, there aren't that many people on the LDOT list and
traffic is very low, just like every LD offshoot list that ever was
I expect it to die out after the initial excitement.

In any case, nothing has changed at LD.
There's still a vibrant amount of off topic,
which (as your survey pointed out) nobody minds.

> yours,  Rick Walker

cheers Rick

andy butler