Re: semi OT: anyone using NI Kore ?

On Oct 8, 2007, at 7:13 PM, qua@oregon.com wrote:

I'm curious if anyone has tried / use NI Kore controller ?    if so, what

do you like/dislike?

-Qua

I have one.
I use the controller as a second audio card (along with my Protools HD/Logic combo) for running audio apps in parallel with Logic TDM (Peak, Library Monkey, Sound Grinder, Max, Melodyne.
As an audio card it is pretty good.

Using Kore, the meta-plugin is a total waste of time.
Buggy & processor hog on power pc.
Intel might be different.

I can do almost everything that you can in Kore app from within Logic's environment (for the last ten years)- admittedly with more effort (but more flexibility).

Using Kore controller to navigate Kore plugins... really good.

I find having it pretty handy though because I have a cinema display mounted on an articulating arm over my console- I just plug Kore into the USB port on the cinema display and it sits neatly on the top of the channel strips.

Regards,

Jim Richmond