Re: How many loopers does Boss sell?

Steve, after reading your blog, I'm mostly inclined to
agree, I'm not saying Boss or any other manufacturers
of the smaller pedals are way off base, to say that
they are looking at looping as a pure gimmick is
missing the point, to someone who has been doing in
professionally and using the EDP or anything of the
like, sure, those pedals are a complete joke.  I think
maybe part of why those products were developed was to
bring looping to the masses, but also in a form that
beginners can get into it, I mean you don't go from
crawling to running, I don't care who you are.  Now,
granted, I was using software loopers, like Ambiloop
before I ever bought my RC2, but as easy and practical
as I found the program to be, I wasn't able to use it
in a live format, so I started small, and the RC2 was
as small as I could get, now, if I tried it and didn't
like using looping, I wasn't out a whole bunch of
money, and hey, they DO make great practice tools,
lucky for me, I outgrew it quickly and am wanting more
flexibility and the ability to build compositions by
using the looper as in instrument, rather than a tool.
  So I wouldn't go so far as to slag something like
those products, but I can certainly see their
limitations as far as pure looping is concerned, but
it's like any piece of gear, it's not so much what you
have or use, it's how creative you are with it,
knowing your limitations and being able to work within
or break out of those limitations.  I've already
decided when I step up to the next bit of
gear(preferably the EDP), I actually was going to use
the RC2 earlier in the chain so that I can effect it
and then take whatever loop I made with it and drop it
on the main looper and so on, so it will find it's use
after I move on.

My two cents,

Brian

PS I hate the guide tracks and the loop quantise
myself.

http://steve.anthropiccollective.org/archives/2007/09/

> > what_music_gear.html
> >
> > Steve
> > www.stevelawson.net - site
> > www.stevelawson.net/zencart/ - shop
> > http://steve.anthropiccollective.org - blog
> > www.myspace.com/solobassstevelawson

Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail,
news, photos & more.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC