RE: Recommended Cables - GK Guitar Synth Compatible Cables

At 10:24 AM -0700 10/1/07, tEd ® kiLLiAn wrote:

>  DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE TO GET GK 13-PIN COMPATIBLE CABLES IN EVEN
>SHORTER
>  LENGTHS?

Ted,

Check Ebay (<*ducking*> yes, i'm serious).
There's a seller over there who occasionally
offers these up.  I think their User ID is
4wells.  Don't worry, they're not shady or
anything (I've bought these things from them in
the past).

It turns out that Roland *does* make 13-pin
cables in a smaller size (like somewhere around 3
or 5 feet, IIRC).  But, unfortunately, Roland
doesn't seem to sell these direct.  They come
bundled as extra cables with devices like the
US-20 GK Unit Selector.

That seller to which I was referring has somehow
gotten a stash of these things (don't know if
he's unbundling them from the US-20's or what).
Every once in a while they come up; you've just
got to keep a watch out, or try contacting him
directly.

Oh yeah, I just found the URL to one of his
completed (sorry!) auctions for a 4-foot GK
cable:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ROLAND-4-FOOT-GK-CABLE-FOR-GUITAR-SYNTH-AND-VG88_W0QQitemZ120160649039QQihZ002QQcategoryZ47075QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You might also look around to see if Roland lists
these as a replacement part, and have your bench
tech or authorized service center order them.
They do exist, they're just not very easy to find.

Just a couple of leads, but I hope it helps a little.

        --m.
--
_____
"the wind in my heart; the dust in my head...."