RE: Germany

Bill Walker wrote:
"The only Zappa show I remember seeing with you Rick is the one at the
Paramount Theater in Oakland."

Your memory is better than mine, Bill, but why were they booed off the
stage, then?
I remember that really distinctly.   I thought it was because they were
playing with some bonehead
rock band or other but drugs were involved that night so my memory may be
faulty.

Also,  wasn't  that the same show where Zappa was really late and he asked
and got the audience to
do a 24 channel sound check in real time by democratic vote?

I remember that was one of the best sounds I've ever heard at a concert
and
was amazed that
1)   Zappa entrusted the audience to 'mix' the sound and
2)   That it was a turning point for me.............realizing that
audiences
knew much more and were much
        more intelligent than I had assumed they were.

Zappa went from mic to mic to line input to line input getting the
audience
to show (by raising their hands)
when the right level was achieved.

The sound, as I remember, was really, really good.