Re: Logic studio new version

On 30 sep 2007, at 15.01, Paul Mimlitsch wrote:

> Anybody using this upgrade?  Thoughts, especially in reference to
> "Main Stage" as a live performance tool?

Yes. I use Logic 8 for producing recorded music and Logic 7 on stage.
I need to sync Logic by MIDI Clock to my looper and MIDI Clock slave
sync is not supported by L8. Otherwise I would had used this latest
version live because it doesn't need the USB dongle.

My thoughts on MainStage is that it is very good for what it's
capable of. That is, letting you play those wonderful software
instruments on stage by a physical MIDI instrument. It has all the
instruments and all the effects of Logic. You can set up patches
including keyboard splits and layers to be loaded by sending a MIDI
Program Change message into the laptop. Audio tails from the recent
patch is kept sounding while you're loading a new patch. MainStage
makes a very good "virtual electric guitar amp + effect rack" .

MainStage do not have Logic's environment, meaning you can't run
arpeggiators, chord memorizers and other cool stuff that musicians
like to use Logic for on stage (Michael Brecker for an example).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)