Re: "Anglofixilization" (was: Re: Stick looping videos)

more shocking to me is that i just got mobil phone
that provides all lenguages even turkish but not
spanish the second most widely spoken language in the
world;-)!!
Luis

--- Paul Mimlitsch <pmimlitsch@mac.com> wrote:

> On Sep 29, 2007, at 3:31 AM, Per Boysen wrote:
>
> > On 29 sep 2007, at 04.46, Raul Bonell wrote:
> >
> >> 6 million people and our mother tongue
> >> continues disappearing...
> >

> > Yes, it seems the planet is slowly coming together
> with English as
> > the common dominator. In my little country of
> birth we're only some
> > nine million people, but since a decade even
> journalists on the
> > national level media channels "speak English" but
> with Swedish
> > words. I mean borrowing typical phrasing and
> allegories from
> > English instead of using the Swedish equivalence.
> This phenomenon
> > first happened here three hundred years ago as the
> upper classes
> > used to borrow from French and even speak French
> instead of
> > Swedish. But this time it's happening at all
> levels of the society
> > and that's why I believe it won't stop until every
> person on the
> > globe speaks Pidgin English, Engrish or whatever
> the local tweak
> > might add.
> >
> > I do welcome this linguistic evolution.
>
> As long as it's not driven by ethnocentric
> "boobism".  It's till sad
> when cultures get gobbled up in the name of
> expedience/ progress.....

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom

Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.  Join Yahoo!'s user
panel and lay it on us.