Keyboards (Sometimes Studio sometimes live)

> Jim said:
> I've been collecting synths from the 80/90's- more because the prices
> are in the $100-300 range and I like having a lot of options.
>
> Some good ones:
>
> Kurzweil K2000 (or K2k rack) - incredible sound engine, flakey
I always longed for one of those, but for some reason never got 'round to
actually buying one.
> Yamaha SY 77/85/99 - Nice strings, fm synthesis engine
I got a SY85, and really like it for its "percussive electric keybord"
(electric piano, clavinet etc.) sounds - but for a few other sounds as
well.
It also got the possibility to add sample RAM (if you still find some SIMM
memory modules and then still have a diskette drive in your computer to
copy
samples to it).
> Quasimidi Sirius or Polymorph - More techno-oriented,
I have a Sirius and it's really great for harsh elektro/techno sounds. It's
also got a very intuitive pattern sequencer and lots of knobs to turn.

For that period of keyboard design - do you also have a Korg Wavestation. I
have a Wavestation KEX, and it's great for these evolving ambient pads. It
forms the keyboard center of my hardware setup, together with a Waldorf Q
(old series) - which I can really recommend! Great keyboard, close to 60
knobs, dimmed LEDs to indicate the period of the LFOs, and a case in
aggressive yellow!

        Rainer