Eventide Timefactor

Hi, Back on the list againand good to be reading all the postings.

I think that I'm convinced enough to buy the (relatively) new Eventide TimeFactor stomp box, I've read all the reviews that I can find and downloaded a manual - i does look so versatile and controllable. The thing that I've not heard mention of in the reviews is the looper and i wondered if anyone on the list has tried it and got to grips with it yet?

What I know is that the looper is a short 12 second mono one, that's time can be halved and halved again. It has basic record/play/stop footswitch control and you can adjust the start and end points. It seems to respond to tap tempo, which I asume means that you can set a length in bars/beats then tap the tempo in and it will be an acurate length. Trouble is, in the manual other than a description of the controls, there's no deeper explanation .

So, I wonder about how people find the looper in the Timefactor...
-how easy it is to set up and use live,
-if you can preset the loop length and save it as a programme - so having a 4bar loop, a 2bar one, a longer one at half speed, etc.?
-Whether creating and working with a loop requires knob turning, or if these things can be preset - or even given over to a foot pedal?

I also like the idea of being able to have 3 seperate footswitches connected to save mutiple functions!

Anyone got one and using it?

Thanks.
Ian.