Re: Stick looping videos

2007/9/28, Per Boysen perboysen@gmail.com:

Excuse me for not being clear. I was rather talking about "clear tone
in orchestration" (as in "looping"). With the stick you have a huge
span of notes to chose from and this makes it possible to use an
optimal note distribution over the octaves, to give a clear sound in
general. Even the muddiest single tone character can sound clean and
beautiful if orchestrated into a good voicing when looping with that
instrument.

this is true. although i observe that the most common is the contrary situation of what you are talking about. this amount of possibilities (the doubled strings on both sides) makes people not to decide "where"...

PIano is another instrument that is able to acoustically fill the
full span. Bass clarinet is another one. But for most instruments you
need workarounds to get down into the bass area.

the bass clarinet (above all, the cheaper ones) need workarounds to get up in the high area ;-)

As for example, when
I loop on alto flute I need to bring up the loop two octaves to put
in the notes that are to become bass notes in the looping
orchestration. That's fun from an experimental point of view, but not
very intuitive. With a stick (piano, bass clarinet etc) I would be
able to play all lines manually.

... me too! (i play warr,piano+tenor.sax).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)