Re: Laptop Looping Redux, Redux

On 27 sep 2007, at 01.34, Stephen Goodman wrote:
> Yes, one buys enough stealth licenses with a Mac to make it
> difficult to buy more software...  Compare the cost of a PC you can
> build yourself + a copy of XP, and a Mac (which you're not allowed
> to build yourself) and OSX...

I used to build my own stationary PC's back in the days when it was a
lot cheaper, as you say. Today many vendors sell PC's at the same
cost level so it doesn't make any economical sense to build your own.
But regarding functionality of a music PC, it might still make sense
to build your own, in order to pick the components that work well as
a stable system.

BTW, OSX is no additional cost as it comes for free with the computer.

I'd rather eat less than make music with crappy tools "to save
money" ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)