Re: OT RE: FC300 and VG-99

This is the last forwarded message of data I've posted on the VG-99.
This one details a few more annoyances I'd encountered...

(once again, to those list members who deem this data as OT, i would
to thank you for your patience.  and i hope your index fingers aren't
getting too sore from using the 'delete' key.  :)

        --m.

>Date: Sun,  9 Sep 2007 00:40:52 -0700
>From: Mech <mech@m3ch.net>
>To: vg-99@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: A Few More Minor Quirks....
>
>A few more non-laptop-related things here that aren't quite on target
>with the
>VG-99.
>
>1.) Effecting your Normal Guitar output.
>
>It does not appear that you can use the Guitar Output jack in conjunction
>with
>the Guitar Input.  I wanted to have a simple effects loop to add a couple
>of
>stompboxes onto the Normal Guitar pickup, just as I do with the VG-8EX,
>and as
>I believe you can also do with the VG-88.
>
>Nope.  On the VG-99, that actually results in a horrible feedback
>loop.  If you
>plug in a passive pedal with no gain amplification, then you get
>absolutely no
>audio.  Be prepared, however, if you try it with a more active pedal that
>can
>do gain amplification or impedance matching (I tested with a Sansamp
>Paradriver
>and a Yamaha Magicstomp), since it's going to give you howling, beeping
>feedback.
>
>If you want to effect the guitar's normal pickups with anything besides
>the VG
>or laptop effects, you'll need to run a 1/4" guitar cable out of your axe,
>through your pedalboard, and into the Guitar Input jack.  This is in
>addition
>to your normal 13-pin cable.  Yes, that's a pain.

[Addendum: I later found out that this is also how the VG-88 is set
up.  With the VG-8 (the other unit I own) there's no problem with
using the Normal Guitar Pickup outputs and the Aux Inputs as an
external effects loop.  This is a know issue for VG-88 owners.  --m.]