Facebook's music "store": iLike

Hi,

Thanks to UK looper Steve Lawson I discovered the social networking
web browser application "Facebook" half a year ago. Since then it has
been lurking on my computer without much in the loop. Until a few
weeks ago, because suddenly Facebook exploded here in Scandinavia.
And the other day they started a music section named "iLike" where
musicians can upload their own music. If someone here is interested
in doing so the URL is: http://www.ilike.com/

But it doesn't seem to be much of activity yet on iLike. I created an
artist page there and still after 24 hours its "interactivity meeter"
says

> People who like Per Boysen:
> Nobody has said they like this artist yet.

Oh, well... that's the punishment for pretending to be eclectic ;-)
Then I decided to post a flyer for Y2KY there. A nice interface where
people can tic a button if they intend to go to a posted gig. But my
Y2KY gig still says

> Concert goers:
> 1 person is going.

...and that person is me (trying out the system). It's just
embarrassing, but I couldn't find a way to delete my selection ;-)

Anyway, it seems every damn detail is run through recommendation
engines to be matched. If iLike catches on it might grow into an
effective music promotion channel where listeners will be able to
"cut off the crap" and artists reach out to those interested few.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)