"Empty Scores" - my methodology

Hi GAng,

My standing "Empty Score" is five loop slots to fill up with noise.
The restriction of only five alternative loops was good for technical
reasons on the Echoplex, as for not wasting all of its 16 MB memory
right away and start loosing undo history. When I moved to Mobius as
my main looper there were no such technical limitation, but I still
decided to keep the "Maximal number of loops" to five by default.
Even though all loops do change during the performance of a piece, I
understand that it would bee too overwhelming, for the listener, with
more than five interchanging loops morphing in and out. After all,
you can make drastic changes to the music even without having to
change the loop. Here are the three (technical) ways I use for
creating musical change (as in different themes, chord changes, new
sounds etc etc)

1. Going Next/Previous Loop.
2. Moving along the Undo/Redo history chain.
3. Rate Shift of loop (altering pitch and loop length).

Now, these three basic techniques for variation are the simple tools
in service of the greater purpose, "The Composition" or "The Musical
Vision". The focus of my interest in looping is to develop ways to
instantly crate sounding music out musical vision.

I'm finding the above related methodology extremely inspiring and I'm
hoping that others will too :-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)