RE: OT: previous post about true inexpensive tube preamps

Rick:  If I remmeber correctly, the reference was to the PreSonus Blue Tube Mic Pre.  A very fine lil' preamp.  Comes in two versions: a mono vesion (around $100..maybe just a bit more) and stereo (which is double the price, natch.).  Of all the inexpensive tube pres I have tried this one really impressed me.  Sounded much better than the ART stuff...which always was  abit on the noisy side for me.  From what I read the presonus has a circuit which feeds the tube (12ax7) a full voltage current and not the "starved plate" variety found in many budget range tube gear.

For just a little bit more I would recommend the Groove Tubes Brick.

Max
> Somewhere in this forum, someone posted about the fact that
> the ART tube preamps (and other $100 realm single tube mic preamps)
> were only putting a small amount of the actual signal through the tube
> itself
> and so , were intrinsically misleading in the kind of 'warmth' that they
> might impart.
>
> In that post, the person said there was a really good tube preamp for
> around $200 I think they said (I believe it may even have been a stereo tube
> pre amp
> at that).
>
> Does any one remember that post or who made it. I can't seem to find it in
> the archives.
>
> I'm dying to know who makes this true inexpensive tube preamplifier.
>
> Anyone know the answer? I'd be very grateful (a beer bought at Y2k7?)
>
> yours, Rick Walker

Kick back and relax with hot games and cool activities at the Messenger Café. Play now!