Re: OT: Drum machine PRE AMP???

Um... hire a drummer.
Tone colour altering won't make it soundless like a machine- the best way to do that is programming it closer to how a real drummer would play.
Compression will take all the dynamics out of it- which is the exact opposite of what you want.

Embrace its machininess, wallow in its machiniosity and make it a feature.

If you want something cool to process drums, but a Sansamp PSA1 preamp.
They have been a not so secret weapon of dozens of producers for years- awesome on kick and bass.

I rackmounted a bunch of guitar pedals (Tubescreamer, Big Muff and a Danelectro Fabtone) a few years ago, made it fully balanced and put 120v power in there.
I call it 'distorto rack'.
I use it on drums all the time.

Regards,

Jim Richmond