Re: problem w/live looping using mic

On 23 sep 2007, at 16.15, Raul Bonell wrote:

> No working link Per ... Was it costly to personalize them? Can we
> reach the manufacturers here in the net? ... Thank you!.
>
> Raül.

Hi Raül,

Yes,  they were rather expensive. But in the long run they become
very cheap, since I bought them in 1994 and they are still working
fine. Haven't even needed to get new -15dB filters. Sorry about the
non-working link - I didn't think it made sense to post the Swedish
web site so I tried to find a similar product page in English.
Anyway, I had to go to a lab for 30 minutes and have my outer ear
channels duplicated in some material that were then used for making
the personalized soft silicone plugs. At the time I bought them
because I was touring with a very loud rock band and did backing
vocals while playing electric guitar, so I had to use soft silicone
ear protection to make sure they would not let through volume shocks
while I was moving my jaw for singing. It's nice to have the
experienced volume lowered without the usual loss of high frequencies.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)