RE: realtime stereo to surround

That sounds like an awesome system extraordinaire!!!  My friend and
teacher Rick Turner may be
able to help you with more specific design?  R. Neve and him exchange
neural transmissions on a
regular basis.  Rick had a huge hand in designing and building The
Grateful Dead soundsystems and
instruments he designed and built!!!  I design and build custom guitars
that represent countless
challenging hours of commitment to my field, the art of luthiery.  I sub
out electronic work
utilizing the elite high end pickups Seymour Duncan, Sunrise, EMG, etc.
--- Qua Veda <qua@oregon.com> wrote:

> I have a RME FF800 that has 8outputs.  I have 5 identical cabinets plus a
> sub. I use 5 outs to go to FrontL, FrontR, C, RearL, RearR.  My Front L&R
> have a special crossover for the sub, so they get full range, and the
> crossover takes care of the split.
>
> I was able to get a DVD to play  through the RME.  After some trial and
> error, I was able to get it to play through the correct speakers. Home
>and
> computer surround processors use a special processor for splitting into
>5.1
> , but I'm not using that.
>
> So now, I am very interested in experimenting with "normal" and
>"abnormal"
> surround and spatial effects.  I look forward to trying some of Per's and
> Stephen's suggestions.   But it will have to wait for awhile since my
>gear
> is packed away due to remodeling.   But I'm looking forward to some fun
>:-)
>
> -Qua

that gives answers, not web links.