RE: problem w/live looping using mic

> Consider putting the loop playback in your monitor and the mic signal>
>180 degrees out of phase.>> TH

Now that sounds interesting, but-- please excuse me, I'm a novice at this
stuff-- how would I put the mic out of phase?

I know a little about phase cancellation w/mics during recording & I
thought that this might be an issue that relates to my problem, too. I
remember reading about the Grateful Dead's "Wall of Sound" stage PA system
in the early 70's-- they would tape 2 mics together on the stand to sing
through, 1 out of phase with the other (how they did that, as I said, I
plead ignorance) & that cut down on the feedback & the washed out sound
they would get with the mic picking up the sound of itself from the
massive column of speakers they used. Don't know if this is truly relevant
to my issue, though.

I have a mic preamp (ART Tube MP) that I don't use, but it has a phase
reverse option, maybe I could run my mic into that & then into my amp/PA.

Anyway, thanks for the good advice,

Chris D.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Can you find the hidden words?  Take a break and play Seekadoo!
http://club.live.com/seekadoo.aspx?icid=seek_wlmailtextlink