Re: The Conqueror Worm and house concert thread and NJ fest

Steve like the percussive sounds about 60% in, very unguitar piece with good noise.

Listen I failed to respond to the thread I began with you re your house concerts, sorry.  It's interesting that you've been able to get them to go a bit and too I know the groups that approached you to network.  I've tried to integrate with both and the feeling behind one is that it's energy is more after my membership fee.  The traditional house concert crowd feels very nazi to me in that it's "this is the way it oughta be and gonna be" and doesn't part from it.  I host I pitched to in Arizona really liked my solo work and said she wanted to keep me in her rolodex for future possibilities when her audience was more educated and open but for now they were the singer-songwriter and folk.  Of course my response though I didn't follow-through on it just thanking her and stay in touch, was how are you ever going to see your audience progress if you don't expose them.  WHat I detect is that the host's are afraid to rock the boat for fear they will have no audience which tells me they are in it to a certain degree for more monetary trails or appears that way.  I could also choose to meet them half-way and do try that from time to time meaning my past solo work as well as occasional present still embraces Carolan and many traditional Celtic melodies of which the house arean is more tolerant than the minimalist stuff that demands more from the audience.  THat said even then as one woman said to me mid-way through a solo show in Chicago last summer, "when are we going to hear you sing".  And so it goes...

Probably what some of us or all for that matter should do is start a network of hosting experimental house concerts.  The work is attracting people though I'm sure in their inception traditional house concerts had lean beginnings yet they have clearly created a stage for many artists seeking to get away from the bars or either lost those options.  I think that's the approach of Fran Synders ConcertsInYourHome.com.

Good day to you and all reading... at some point those of us out east here need to resurrect the NE Experimental Looping fest that we spoke of earlier in the summer.  I apologize in that I put some initial energy in to the idea and then bailed.  It was not loss of interest but being overextended as at the time we [Daryl and I] were organizing shows for Chinapainting which went well and we're doing the same now for a CA trip next month.  That said however if anyone interested perhaps we could get a a NE looping fest on the radar for next spring like April.

Best

Jim