Quasi Digital/Analog Modular Looper?

Just like to finally say hello and introduce myself, I have been lurking here for quite a while now and would like to thank all the contributors over the years who made the archive an incredible resource that has helped me on my “live looping” path. Finally plucked up courage to ask a question sooo.....

I do not get on with Laptops as instruments (my failing!) and am looking for hardware alternatives.
I have been thinking of assembling the following setup and wondered if anyone had any better and cheaper ideas on how I could go about this.
I want to ditch the laptop and assemble an “analog modular looper”with this sampling module at its heart http://www.analoguesystems.co.uk/modules/rs290.htm

Four or more of these units coupled with a Doepfer Schalterk sequencer

some analog modules filters, envelope generators and analog clocks might produce a really interesting looping machine.
The sample record can be done via footswitch, as soon as it is mapped and it could be then triggered by a clock LFO or sequencer.

Bad / good or over expensive-for-what-you-get-idea?

Sorry if this has been dealt with in the past!

leon

(There are some examples of my attempts at piano playing and looping here

www.leon1.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Electronic%20/Electronic.htm

Scroll down for the looping, using a Fender Rhodes and Boss Gigadelays.