Re: Who cares about the audience

Quoting Nemoguitt@aol.com:

> In a message dated 9/17/07 11:23:25 AM, midifriedchicken@comcast.net
>writes:
>

>> play for free.
>>

> does this really matter?

I don't think it matters.  If a person is empathatic then that is how one
is.

Speaking for myself, if I take a gig, regardless of the pay, I
sincerely attempt to deliver music that is a good "fit" for the event.
  I attempt to do so in a tasteful and creative manner.  I avoid gigs
that lack a prospect for a positive outcome.

Indeed, there are situations where one needs thick skin.  After all,
there are always going to be a few rude people.  I believe that to
have "thick skin" and to "not care" are two different issues, though.

-- Kevin