Re: Most programmable midi foot controller

Hi Per,

I believe one of the big problems of the Gordius company (read : me..)
is that "they" are not good at documentation and advertizing. One day I
hope I'll be able to hire someone to do this in a decent manner.
So the current manual and papers must have mislead you somehow : the
Little Giant does support 2 external expression pedals, the Big Little
Giant supports 4 of them. The module also has connections for 2 external
expression pedals, which can be programmed separate from the 2 built-in
pedals of the FCB, so in that case you also have 4 independent
continuous controllers. It is logical that building an own expression
pedal, matched to the foot controllers, is one of the next things on my
list - but won't be the really near future.
The importance of expression pedal support is one of the things I
learned from you guys shortly after subscribing to this list. So the
(slightly distant) future will also bring some more advanced support for
this, like customizable response curves, using higher resolution than
the standard 7-bit, etc...

Apart from that, indeed there will be support for chaining several
Little Giants (or foot controller + module) together - just some extra
work to do in order to finalize this "chaining" scenario.
Maybe have another look at the "GORDIUS Little Giant Interconnection
scenarios" document which you find in the download section of the
Gordius website.

Weight of the units is mentioned in one of the appendices of the user
manual :
LG-M (module) = 0.7 kg,  LG (footcontroller) 2.25 kg, LG-X (extended
foot controller) 3kg

Thanks for the interest and best regards,
Xavier