Re: Prerecordedmaterial

On 14 sep 2007, at 22.57, BreachinThePeace@aol.com wrote:

> I too am a BIG fan of "follow actions". What I wish is that each
> scene launch control had programmable follow actions that could be
> over ridden by individual clip follow actions. Can you imagine
> this? As your scenes launched they would be activating all the
> unassigned (no follow actions) clips by scene, independent of the
> grouped clips responding to their typical programmed follow
> actions. This would allow you to program an exact (or random) start
> to finish song/rhythm structure completely independent of the clips
> with typical pre programmed follow actions within that structure.
> Now that would be cool!

If I'm not misunderstanding your intentions I think you can do that
by using a track of follow action armored  clips that send out MIDI
events through an IAC Bus (that is if you use Mac. If using PC you
should send them out a certain MIDI Yoke channel). Then assign
certain clips on the Master Track to these MIDI events as they are
coming in again through this particular IAC Bus. The functionality
will be that these MIDI Clips with follow action scripts will, when
trigged, launch a new scene.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)