Re: house concert Saturday night, Raleigh NC

Steve I've performed in about a half dozen house concerts as a solo artist in the last few years.  House concerts in this country in the true sense still seem to me to be folk and/or singer-songwriter based and my successes getting in as an all instrumental musician have been a hard sell.  I've losely thought about pitching the duo I founded with Daryl [Shawn], Chinapainting into the house arena but have yet to as it seems too much saddly outside the trad arena.

Seeing a house promo on this list caught my eye as I would think it a rare thing in this community but certainly a welcome as the house 'stage' is such a wonderful place to be.  Re your hosting is this new, do you also perform in house shows, are they big down in the Carolina's - any particular ones I might pitch to in the future?

Curious about Cakes of Light as I live in Brooklyn.

Best with all and good weekend,

Jim Goodin
www.chinapaintingmusic.com
www.jimgoodinmusic.com