RE: Most programmable midi foot controller

You could use MIDI OX to convert toggle (“latch”) to momentary, for those particular messages.

e.g., have OX always convert any value from that converter to a 127.

dh

From: James Richmond [mailto:yahoogroups@jamesrichmond.com]
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 1:12 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Most programmable midi foot controller

For Rec/Play/Overdub I have to press the button twice, which makes

seemless looping a big PITA. Rev and 1/2 speed are a single press

though because they do not respond differently to a 0 or 127 value.

It sounds like your current switch is operating in "toggle" mode, it

sends CC 127 when you press it once and CC 0 when you press it again.

You usually want switches that can operate in "momentary" mode where it

sends Note On/CC 127 when you press it and Note Off/CC 0

when you release it.  The FCB and GCP can both do this.

Jeff

Jeff,

I just had another look at the Ground Control- there is no way to change it to momentary mode.

I can set it to 'invert' but that just reverses the value- which isn't much good to me.

Thanks for the help,

Jim