RE: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V07 #732

  My feeling is ,if I charge for the performance I owe it to the audience
care enough about what I'm doing to make it worth listening too.I don't
feel
that i owe it to them to cater to their expectations,tastes etc. depending
on th event,If I'm playing for a wedding,or a funeral there are aesthetic
constraints. I think that performers can do a great service to audiences
,by
creating a space,mood, experience ,whatever you want to call it, in which
they can forget their worries for a minute,and be really present ,in the
moment This usually requires the perfromers being really present ,in the
zone.Amazing them with technical displays might do that for some.if an
actor
tried to make a big display of technique the way  a lot of guitarists do
the
whole illusion of the act would be destroyed,the point is for us to forget
it's an act,and be engaged . Personally, I couldn't care less if something
is difficult to play,I want to hear something beautiful. There's a real
difference between pandering to an audience,and having a dynamic anergetic
exchange w/ an audience.
" I
am an artist expressing myself the way I want...the audience can take it or
eave it."

Gear up for HaloŽ 3 with free downloads and an exclusive offer.
http://gethalo3gear.com?ocid=SeptemberWLHalo3_MSNHMTxt_1