Re: OT: Re: circus animals?

i also played sousaphone in my high school band and i dont think its a
metaphor but-our band room was right off the cafeteria and one practice
day i could not get sound out of the bass horn. so, we turned it up side
down to see if anything was down in the bell and out came banana peels,
eaten apples, balled up lunch paper bags, old lettuce and paper
napkins...you know how hungry certain instruments can get.
i dont think my sound improved after that either :-)
staninsanfran