RE: WAS: Who uses looping in their promo material? NOW:Prerecordedmaterial

   -K, let me chime in here; :)

   RE: the whole idea of 'too easy...'

   What if, rather than being an idea of being too easy, it's simply an
idea of wanting to promote a certain specific sonic quality or ambience of
a piece which is just too much or varied for the performer to play all at
once?...

   So, in essence, the backing tracks are being used as specific
'instruments...'

   I personally feel that all of the bits of a performance that a
performer
deems necessary are important for the performance as a whole...

   It's not whether a piece can 'stand' by itself but would it have the
same impact?...  -or one that the performer intended?...

   Anyway, terrific topic!!!

Have an awesome evening All!...

Smiles,

CQ  :)

At 10:54 PM 9/12/2007 +0100, you wrote:

>Well, so far I think I'm the only one who has a problem with it, and, as I
>tried to express, perhaps not well, I'm more ambivalent about it than
>condemnatory, and I'm struggling a bit with my attitude. The problem for
>me
>is probably that it just seems too easy (not that it's easy to prepare the
>prerecorded sounds). I think there have to be limits to confront in live
>performance. Superman needs Kryptonite in order to be interesting....
>
>And I also can enjoy going to a room with great speakers and listening to
>totally prerecorded pieces.

---
   View my on-line portfolio at:

http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn

   "The only things I really think are important, are love, and each
other.  -Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~cara-quinn