Re: WAS: Who uses "looping" in their promo material? NOW: Prerecorded material

Quoting Warren Sirota <wsirota@wsdesigns.com>:

>> Kevin brings up another interesting topic - the use of pre-recorded
>> material.

> On 12 sep 2007, at 22.22, kkissinger@kevinkissinger.com wrote
> I probably should have added that I create all my own pre-recorded
> material.
>
> I consider electronic music to be a medium in and of itself.  With
> electronics I can exploit surround-sound, effects, and timbres that
> would either be undoable or impractical with a live ensemble.
>
> -- Kevin

I'm a big fan of "Electronic Music Festivals" where the composer
simply pushes a play button to start the playback of his perfected
work. Usually the audience is sitting inside a circle of surround
speakers. If someone would play instruments it might just be
distracting in that context. The interesting aspect IMHO is to
experience the complete design of the realized sounding work. THAT is
what I enjoy when going to such events.

When listening to a performer, or a group, that uses no pre recorded
material I don't regard just what I hear as the most interesting
experience. The more interesting I may find the instant reaction
patterns of the performers. The joy is similar to watching a dance or
a fight. Many elements interfere and I enjoy to follow how the human
participators navigate and coop with all kinds of situations that
come up during the play.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)