Re: Who uses "looping" in their promo material?

With a few exceptions maybe, like Phish and the Dead (and other copy
cats)...those guys did total free and spontaneous improv on
stage...albeit,
integrated or sandwiched in between their normal songs.  Phish was always
great inspiration for me. And I love the Dead's Infrared Roses. I always
thought if I had to become a pop musician, that this was the approach I
would have to take, otherwise I would end up slitting my wrists after two
months into the tour. The idea of playing the same set of songs set after
set makes me nauseous, and this was the primary source of me disbanding
groups I have started in the past, because show after show, I started
feeling like a cover musician of my own material.  I don' know how a lot
of
these pop artists do it, night after night. I would most certainly turn to
drugs in that situation. :)   And now I don't pre-write anything for my
performances.  Everything is spontaneous. I think I tried to do a cover of
one of my looping tunes once, based on an audience request, and I botched
it. I couldn't even remember my parts enough to loop it right. Heh heh.
I'm
a tabula ras sort of performance guy now. I get off on it. I thrive on it.

Kris