RE: KT TUNSTALL LOOPING AT APPLE KEYNOTE PRESENTATION

>but you knew she started out as a looping artist, right? before she had
>a band..... she first appeared on british tv about three or four years
>ago, using an akai headrush. the thing was the star of her blog at the
>time, though shortly afterwards she put a band together to make her
>first album.

actually this isn't strictly true...she was in a band called Red Light
Stylus in the late 90's, early 00's (i know this because they supported my
band in London a couple of times). she then got a publishing deal and
disappeared off the radar for a bit and then resurfaced with the material
that ended up on her first album. she did some solo looping shows around
that time (the Jools Holland Late Show was the nationally broadcast one
here
in the UK), but her band was already together by this point i think (minus
the electric guitarist - this spot was filled later by the guitarist from
RLS i think). don't quote me on that though...

sim

Got a favourite clothes shop, bar or restaurant? Share your local
knowledge
http://www.backofmyhand.com