Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 6:03 AM
Subject: Re: kybermusik: "Quelques Papiers D'Abord" released by Moinlabs

downloaded this afternoon and just
done a sneak listen through ... more to come!

thanks rainer and all players!
raul

2007/9/10, Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill < rs@moinlabs.de>:
----

rainer thelonius balthasar straschill
kybermusik: "Quelques Papiers D'Abord"

With not a small amount of pride Moinlabs announces the release of the album
"kybermusik: Quelques Papiers D'Abord" online on jamendo.com. This album
contains duo and trio recordings done by Straschill and artists from and in
places all over the globe.
This album is the first one in a (hopefully big and yielding) series of
analogical releases.

Following the virtual idea of kybermusik, "Quelques Papiers D'Abord" is
concequently being released in the Matrix as well - more specifically at
jamendo.com

Presumably, some future release may find a doss there as well.

ABOUT THE MUSIC:
I can sincerely call the album (and thus this message as well) "on topic"
even according to very strict standards, and that for two reasons:
        1. All tracks have looping in them (EDP, DL4, LP1, Jamman, Augustus,
Mobius, Eclipse,...)
        2. I (cyber-)met all of the artists on the album on LD!

Starting off with "Below this Sneppah", it's Brian Good (OH) (this time
neither looped nor synthesized nor processed) on soprano sax making acoustic
counterpoints to my electronic sample and loop effectry. Our own Rick Walker
(CA) also plays acoustically on "Advantages in Freeform Breeding" (more
specifically, "Sound of God" tambourine, bodhran and dumbek) while both me
(synths) and Krispen Hartung (ID) (guitar) have a hard time understanding
his 2+2+2+3 meter. This track was recorded at the first kybermusik session
in front of a live audience ever on Walpurgis Night 2006.

Krispen is also featured (way before moving to MAX or even laptop) on
"Aspirin Age", making heavy use of ring modulators and loops, while I add
guitar loops, synths and drum programming (and the granular porn flic
looping mentioned some time ago).

"The Milkey Way" are two excerpts from a long session with Charlie Milkey
(NY?) (4-string bass, effects, loops) and me (6-string bass, effects,
loops). Listen as outright weird noises are combined with parts which
sometimes even sound like a normal bass guitar.

The last track features Os (ENG) and Daryl Shawn (MEX) and had their
freeform madness embossed into a downtempo dance groove...the title "Virtual
Baggy Pants" says it all - it's Os on Augustus, Nord Lead and Juno, Daryl on
nylon-string guitar and cassette abuse and myself responsible for the rest.

With that, it remains for me to usher you, dear reader, towards your web
broser so you may listen to this album from one end to the other and
backwards and enjoy it. Commentaries always welcome! Thanks for taking
interest!

            Rainer
----
http://moinlabs.de