OT: Jazz Tone & Selling my Paul Reed Smith Archtop I

Okay, this is going to seem like a shock, and surprising as it seems, I'm seriously considering selling my Paul Reed Smith McCarty Archtop I hollow body guitar.  Many of you have seen me play this guitar at the last two Y2K events, and I've used it on many of my loop-based music.

Why? I'm just not using the guitar that much anymore, and I've grown more accustomed to a solid body these days. Plus my cast of miniature stringed instruments is very appealing to me, and I also have a solid body custom 22 "10 top" PRS that is just wonderful.

This particular PRS hollow body guitar model is hard to find, as it was replaced by the PRS "Hollowbody I and Hollowbody II" series (preceded by Archop I and Archop II). If anyone is interested let me know.

Detailed pictures here: http://www.box.net/shared/ss6d7trnya

The guitar has EMG pickups in it (active), and piezos under the bridge (both volume/tone controllable and blendable), wood tuners, and was built 7-28-2000. It is in great condition, with minor usage wear that you might find from any guitar its age (I have taken good care of it).  It comes with the original hard-shell case.

I haven't decided yet what I am going to ask for it, but I know that there are used PRS Hollowbody series guitars on eBay bidding at $1600 to $2600.

Kris

Krispen Hartung
www.krispenhartung.com / www.myspace.com/krispenhartung
Performance Calendar: http://www.musi-cal.com/search?performers=Krispen%20Hartung