OT: discovering new artists and music (not looping content)

Hi people,
I've just got back from my holydays...and i've found lot of e.mails from
this list...ARGHHH !

This is just to share a new band from Spain i discovered a few months ago:
the name is Ojos De Brujo (http://ojosdebrujo.com/)
I think that those of you who are attracted by rhythm and flamenco style
can
enjoy them: there is a lot of tabla, palmas, tacones, cajon, drums and DJ
scretch... all together. There is also a nice and hard contamination
between
traditional flamenco style and funky, dub, and electronica (there is also
DJ in the ensemble).
If you like Ojos the Brujo, i strongly raccomend their last album
"Techarì".
If interested, there are a lot of live performance on you tube.
You can start from here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2obwOKQQPk

Some mails from this list has shown an interest for the "east" sound; for
example, i remeber there was a lot of talkin about tablas and other
similar
percussions, forgetting other nice percussions like the "cajon" . And also
forgetting the complex rhythm of flamenco (that has a dozen of musical
forms
(called "palos"): buleria, solea, rumba, taranta, etc...., each one with
his
own rhythm character and accents (for some examples, check this :
http://www.compas-flamenco.com/en/palos.html)
In addition to the original elements of flamenco, Paco de Lucia, added
(and
is adding) new elements from jazz, classic, and latin music. Today there
are
a lot artists adding more elements: from tango, to electronica.
That's why i love that so called "new flamenco", because is a genre that
is
living an edge of growing contamination with other syles or kind of
musics,
that i've never seen, or remember, in other musical genre.

Just to share...

fabio
www.eterogeneo.com